Thursday, October 8

It Usually Starts with COCONUTS

BLUEGRASS - Day Two:
You can smell the ocean from the trees.

THE DAY BEGINS with a good gallivant to the Ocean (the ocean foam was excessive today).



TROUBLE COFFEE: the best goddamn cold-press in San Francisco (paired nicely with a leviathan of cinnamon-sugar-BUTTER toast)(oh, and a fresh coconut + spoon).

Then off to the park...

Bluegrass Day Two! Started with the Banjo Stage and some fine down-home banjo solos.



The crowd swelled today. Far more than the evening before - with the addition of all recovering Lovelution-goers.


Modern-day Bluegrass-going Gypsies. I bought a small patch with a print (as seen above) with a spray can on it. When I asked the guy where he's from and if I could see his stuff anywhere else, he replied: "I guess you'd say, I'm kind of all over. Here's my stuff [he points to his backpack and case]. I'm just here for the music and the business" - he shrugs his shoulders.




OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW was the highlight. Wagon Wheel and Cocaine Habit were belted and sheared to and EVERYONE was dancing: in trees, in the pathways, on fences, up in the hills and deep in the heart of the dusty sweat.



The evening finished off with a mid-crowd post-show sidewalk chalk
session.

No comments:

Post a Comment